Saturday, April 4, 2009

My family recall system

If something would happen right now, would you be ready to go? How about your spouse and children? Are they going about with their lives, or are they sitting around waiting for the trigger event to happen. As the father of a teenager I can tell you that my social princess is out and about doing her normal activities either at the mall or at a friends house,basically as far away from mom and dad as possible. You won't find my wife at home either , she is going on with her normal day to day activities just like I am and I hope the rest of you are, until something triggers us to move to the first phase of our emergency preparation action plan(s).

I have drilled it into my families heads that constant communication is the most important thing that I care about when they are not at home. We constantly in touch with each other with our cellphones, to let each other know where we are at, and who we are with. I get a call from my daughter every two hours or if she leaves her present location. We have had this rule forever and it has become part of her normal daily routine. She also has to carry four quarters on her in case her phone quits, which has been known to happen from time to time. Failure to follow this results in a nonexistent social life.

My lovely wife takes a little bit more to get her to follow my instructions on this , but she has been better at it lately due to certain things that have been happening such as the shootings in New York and more recently this morning in Pittsburgh.

Bottom line is ,you need to be able to get to your family if or when something should happen. All the prepping in the world would become meaningless for me if I didn't have my family with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment