Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Should I stay or should I go ?

Today I spent some time going over my exit routes out of the suburbs to our family rally point south of the city. As I drove a few different ways to the objective, it occurred to me that if/when something does happen and we do need to un-ass ourselves, maybe we shouldn't.

The roads around here cannot handle everyday rush hour traffic, let alone a mass exodus of people fleeing whatever has happened.We would probably be better off waiting it out at our home and then decide our next move. I have made sure that we do have enough food, water , fuel , and weapons on hand here just in case we couldn't or don't need to leave.

Personally , I don't want to leave my home . The best chance to replentish supplies through trade or bartering will have to happen in an area where there are people to trade with. My neighborhood is in an area that is off by itself, but still close to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment